Navsari is surrounded by Surat district to the north, Valsad district to the
south, Tapi and Dang districts to the east and Arabian Sea lies west of the district.
Dudhia Talao District comprises of 6 Talukas.
Administrative Headquarter of Navsari district is twin city of Surat
and situated near the River Purna.
About fourteen hundred years ago, the kings of the Chalukya
Dynasty governed the region of Navsari. Later on, the Parsis, who migrated
from Iran, found the city's atmosphere similar to that of Sari region of Iran.
They settled here and ruled this town. The reign of the Parsis ended as the
Muslim rulers took over. For the last one hundred years, Navsari was the
property of the Gaekwads of Baroda until India's independence in 1947.
PLACES OF INTEREST
Sayaji Vaibhav Public Library
Sayaji Vaibhav Public Library is only library in Gujarat to have
received the prestigious Late Motibhai Amin Library Award five times by
the Government of Gujarat.